AMMA/Repat Foundation Inc. Joint Conference Abstracts
Download Full Abstracts Here
- Tim Hodgetts – The combat casualty care revolution
- Kym Connolly, Jacqui Derriman, Liam Connor – Using mobile technology to improve patient
compliance and manage Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) symptoms: PTSD Coach Australia
- Monique Crane, Virginia Lewis, David Forbes, Andrew Cohn, Helen Benassi, Russell Reid – The Longitudinal ADF Study Evaluating Resilience
- Breanna Wright, Andrew Forbes, Helen Kelsall, David Clarke, Jill Blackman, Malcolm Sim – Development of the Deployment Reflections Scale and its relationship with stress and psychological health
- Helen Benassi, Nicole Sadler – Mental Health Screening in the ADF: Are we getting it right?
- Amelia Searle, Kate Fairweather-Schmidt, Elizabeth Saccone, Miranda Van Hooff, Thao Tran, Lisa Hedges,
Michelle Lorimer, & Alexander McFarlane -Detailed associations between operational deployment and mental disorder in the Australian Defence Force
- DavyCP, Lorimer M, McFarlane A, Hodson S, Crompvoet S, Lawrence-Wood E, Neuhaus SJ – The Well-being of Australian Serving Mothers
- Rachelle Warner, Adrian Fuente, Louise Hickson, Peter Nasveld – Planes and Brains: Jet fuel, noise and the central auditory nervous system
- Rahmanian H, Rowland K, Lawrence-Wood E, McFarlane A, Neuhaus SJ – A pilot study to investigate persistent Strongyloides in South Australian Vietnam Veterans
- Darren Foreman, Lovelace Osei Tutu, Sheryl Edwards, Sophie Plagakis – How do we treat veterans with muscle invasive bladder cancer?
- Couineau A, Lloyd D, Hawkins K, Kartal D, Nixon R, Perry D, Forbes D – From randomised controlled trial to national rollout: outcomes of a national implementation program of Cognitive Processing Therapy across
the Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service
- Bret Power, Adrian Smith – Aircrew spectacles: Pitfalls and limitations reported by ADF aircrew.
- Glenn D. Pascoe – Custom Moulded Communication Ear Plugs for Operational use by RAN Aircrew
- Adrian Smith – Aeromedical risk assessment of smoke and fumes incidents.
- Kym Connolly, Tim Adams – Responding to identified knowledge gaps in secondary mental health workers
- Adrian Smith – Continuing professional development in aerospace medicine.
- Jeffrey V Rosenfeld – Are soldiers at risk of developing chronic traumatic encephalopathy?
- Dr Lynley Bradnam – Non-Invasive Brain Stimulation – an adjuvant for rehabilitation of the future?
- Isaac Seidl, Dan Corkery – Introduction into Australian Service of Oral Transmucosal Fentanyl Citrate for Battlefield Analgesia
- Rolan PE, Lim CBS, Sunderland B, Liu Y and Molnar V – A novel formulation of sublingual ketamine with
consistent bioavailability : a potential analgesic for the battlefield
- Anthony S. Weiss – Elastin-based wound repair materials
- Danielle E. Dye, Beverley F. Kinnear, Vishal Chaturvedi, Elizabeth Grenick, Deirdre R. Coombe – Bioactive scaffolds in skeletal muscle repair and regeneration
- Jeffrey V Rosenfeld – Emerging bionic vision solutions for blinded veterans
- Sally Cavenett – Re-building the soldier: prosthetic limb technology
- Kirsty Hendy, Anri Visser, Brenton Hordacre, Assoc. Prof. Michael Shanahan and Dr. Lynley Bradnam – Afferent Inhibition and Cortical Excitability Following Suprascapular Nerve Block in Shoulder Pain Patients
- Lacey Johnson, Shereen Tan, Craig Coorey, Denese Marks – Evaluation of alternate solutions for the
reconstitution of cryopreserved platelets to improve post-thaw recovery
- A/Prof Rainer Viktor Haberberger, Dr Robyn Meech – How changes in the control of DNA determine if
someone develops chronic pain
- Christopher J Verco – “Blood, Sweat and Fears” The 2014 Project
- Anthony Swain – Australian Naval and Military Expedition Force of 1914 (“Blood Sweat and Fears” the 2014 Project)
- Cliff Pollard – Military and Civilian Hospitals in Brisbane in World War 2
- Christopher J Verco – The British Medical Journal during the first year of World War I (1914-1915)
- Belinda Beck – Prevalence of serum 25(OH)D deficiency and relationship to musculoskeletal injury in Australian Army recruits
- David J Hunter, L Stefan Lohmander, J Makovey, J Tamez-Pena, S Totterman, E Schreyer and RB Frobell – The effect of anterior cruciate ligament injury on bone curvature over 5 years: The KANON Trial
- Brenton HORDACRE, Lynley BRADNAM, Chris BARR, Benjamin PATRITTI, Maria CROTTY – The relationship of ipsilateral and contralateral projections to the quadriceps muscle on control of gait and balance in transtibial amputees
- Helen L Kelsall, Dean P McKenzie, Andrew B Forbes, Minainyo H Roberts, Donna M Urquhart, Malcolm R Sim – Pain-related musculoskeletal disorders, psychological comorbidity and wellbeing in Australian Gulf War veterans – 10 years after the Gulf War
- Mark Parrish – Delivering quality healthcare in challenging environments
- Isaac Seidl – Postcard from America – our systems, our failures, and our aspirations for health care
- Roger Farrow – Outsourcing defence healthcare to civilian contractors – towards a seamlessly integrated
- Chris Alderman1,2, Andrew Gilbert1, V Tammy LeBlanc1, Lisa M Kalisch1, Nicole Pratt1, John Barratt1, Emmae N Ramsay1, Robert Peck3, Graeme Killer3, Elizabeth E Roughead.1 – The Veterans’ MATES program: Using routinely collected administrative health claims data health outcomes for veterans
- Shaun Robertson – Royal Australian Air Force Aeromedical Evacuation Capability – A capable force in response to disaster and Defence Assistance to the Civil Community (DACC).
- Robert Curtis – Maritime Medical Diplomacy as an Instrument of Soft Power
- Alison Creagh – The ADF Theatre Project: A performing arts rehabilitation project
- Kendall Bird – Contemporary Veterans’ experience of an Australian Peer Outdoor Support Therapy (POST) Program
- Maurie O’Connor – Australian Defence Force Alcohol Management Strategy (ADFAMS)
- Jason Watterson – Reducing alcohol-related incidents over 12 months in at-risk naval trainees post participation in the in-hospital trauma prevention program, P.A.R.T.Y. (Prevent Alcohol & Risk-related Trauma in Youth): a pilot evaluation.
- Kym Connolly – Development of an alcohol management mobile application to encourage healthy drinking amongst young serving ADF personnel
- Sue Penn-Turrall, Jill Buckfield – Introducing SeMPRO SORT Model
- Amanda Garlick – The Role of CASPEAN
- Werner Madei – Massive Transfusion Protocol Blood in the German combat support hospitals in Afghanistan